Somalia: Islamist group says 25 killed in Mogadishu attack

Read Time:1 Minute, 4 Second

MOGADISHU – The Islamist group of Al Shabaab claimed the responsibility for Saturday’s suicide and gun attack near Somali Presidential Palace in Mogadishu.

The attack was started with car bomb followed by gun fighting between Somali security forces and Al Shabaab gunmen, police said.

The group says 25 security soldiers were killed and injured in the latest attack in Somali capital Mogadishu.

Mareeg Online could not confirm the claims made by Al Shabaab.

Somali police officer, Hussein Mohamed said the attack killed 14 people including 3 attackers, wearing security uniforms.

The group has vowed to rump up its attacks targeting popular hotels, eataries, public gatherings and key government installations in Mogadishu.

Saturday’s attack was strongly condemned by Turkey, Qatar, Saudi, Kuwait, US, UK and African Union mission in Somalia.

The International Community has pledged to continue supporting the weak-westrn backed government of Somalia.

Somali security minister, Abukar Du’alle Islow says 30 soldiers were arrested over the latest attack claimed by Al Shabaab.

The detained soldiers were taken into security stations for further investigations, according to Mr. Islow, who spoke to the journalists in Mogadishu.

Last week, 14 people were killed in an Al Shabaab suicide and gun attack on Somalia’s Interior Ministry headquarters in Mogadishu.

With Reporting by Abdirisak Mohamud Tuuryare from Mogadishu, Somalia

About Post Author

Tuuryare

Abdirisaq is , a somali veteran journalist based in the Somali capital, Mogadishu. Twitter @tuuryare_africa tuuryare10@gmail.com Whatup:00252615990842
Happy
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 0 %