PHILIPPINE SECURITY FORCES BEING BLESSED BY PRIEST, FIRETRUCKS SPRAYING COLORED WATER, PHILIPPINE SECURITY FORCES CLASHING WITH MOCK PROTESTERS
MANILA, PHILIPPINES (NOVEMBER 5, 2017) (REUTERS – ACCESS ALL)
1. PHILIPPINE SECURITY FORCES STANDING IN ATTENTION
2. OFFICERS OF PHILIPPINE SECURITY FORCES STANDING IN ATTENTION
3. PRIEST SPEAKING
4. PRIEST LIFTING CHALICE IN FRONT OF PHILIPPINE SECURITY FORCES
5. PHILIPPINE NATIONAL FLAG/ POLICE STANDING IN ATTENTION
6. POLICE SHIELDS
7. FIREMEN AND BOMB SQUAD OFFICERS STANDING
8. BOMB SQUAD OFFICERS STANDING
9. ASEAN NATIONAL FLAGS IN FRONT OF PHILIPPINE SECURITY FORCES
10. ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIERS
11. VARIOUS OF PRIEST BLESSING POLICE OFFICERS WITH HOLY WATER
12. VARIOUS OF FIRETRUCK SPRAYING COLORED WATER
13. STREAMER READING (English): “31ST ASEAN SUMMIT” BEING LIFTED/ FIRETRUCKS SPRAYING COLORED WATER
14. PHILIPPINE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY SALVADOR MEDIALDEA WALKING TO PODIUM
15. (SOUNDBITE) (English) PHILIPPINE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY, SALVADOR MEDIALDEA, SAYING:
“Six days from today, we are set to deploy you in the key areas of Metro Manila, Pampanga and Bulacan, and I am confident that with all the preparations, and drills we have made synchronised, our forces and resources (work) like clockwork”
16. VARIOUS OF PHILIPPINE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS HAVING PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN IN FRONT OF SECURITY FORCES
17. POLICE OFFICERS RAISING FISTS
18. PHILIPPINE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS HAVING PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN IN FRONT OF SECURITY FORCES
19. MOCK PROTESTERS HOLDING RALLY WITH WOODEN LETTERS IN THE BACKGROUND READING: “ASEAN”
20. RIOT POLICE SHIELDING AGAINST THROWN WATER BOTTLES WITH ASEAN NATIONAL FLAGS IN THE BACKGROUND
21. MOCK PROTESTERS THROWING WATER BOTTLES
22. VARIOUS OF MOCK PROTESTERS CLASHING WITH RIOT POLICE
23. RIOT POLICE RUNNING AND REINFORCING
24. VARIOUS OF RIOT POLICE PUSHING BACK MOCK PROTESTERS
25. MOCK PROTESTERS CHANTING
26. RIOT POLICE DISPERSING
STORY: Philippine security forces based in Manila were blessed and given a send off ceremony on Sunday (November 5), ahead of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) summit this week.
Thousands of police officers, soldiers, firemen gathered at a public park and attended a special church service to grant them safety while securing the Philippine capital and a nearby province during the summit.
ASEAN heads of states will meet and discuss regional issues with dialogue partners, including U.S. President Donald Trump, in Manila and Clark, Pampanga province from November 11 to 16.
Police said more than 59,000 security forces will be deployed to secure foreign delegates and a temporary lockdown of key roads and venues will be enforced.