Ethiopian PM flies to Addis Ababa
Ethiopia’s Prime Minister Dr Abiy Ahmed has flown to Addis Ababa earlier on Monday after concluding his two-day visit to Eritrea’s capital Asmara.
The PM Abiy was seen off by Eritrean President Isaias Afwerki and other senior government officials.
The two leaders discussed and reached agreements to close a costly chapter and make up for lost opportunities, putting the interest and aspirations of their people at the center.
In Asmara, the two parties agreed the following:
1) State of war has come to an end
2) The two nations will forge close political, economic, social, cultural and security cooperation
3) Trade, economic and diplomatic ties will resume,
4) The boundary decision will be implemented,
5) Both nations will work on regional peace