XIAMEN, CHINA (OCTOBER 15, 2017) (IFSC – FOR NEWS PURPOSES ONLY)
SPEED FINAL WOMAN / ANOUCK JAUBERT (FRANCE) V ARIES SUSANTI (INDONESIA)
1. VARIOUS OF RACE WITH JAUBERT CLMIBING TO VICTORY WHEN SUSANTI SLIPS
2. (SOUNDBITE) (English) CLIMBING CHAMPION, ANOUCK JAUBERT, SAYING:
“I feel of course really happy about this victory tonight. I had a lot of pressure today because I know I had to win the comptition to win. So, it was really to manage. I tried to focus only on my climb and it worked, so I’m really satisfied with this reuslt.”
3. SPEED FINAL WOMEN PODIUM (FROM LEFT) SUSANTI / JAUBERT / ANNA TSYGANOVA (RUSSIA)
SPEED FINAL MEN / VLADISLAV DEULIN (RUSSIA) V ASPAR JAELOLO (INDONESIA)
4. DEULIN BEFORE RACE
5. JAELOLO BEFORE RACE
6. VARIOUS OF RACE WITH DEULIN WINNING
7. (SOUNDBITE) (English) CLIMBING CHAMPION, VLADISLAV DEULIN, SAYING:
“I fele very happy especially after two last World Cups where I was 8th two times. I feel very happy. I feel happy to win here.”
8. SPEED FINAL MEN (FROM LEFT) JAELOLO / DEULIN / KOSTIANTYN PAVLENKO (UKRAINE)
LEAD WOMEN WINNING CLIMB
9. VARIOUS OF CLIMB BY BELGIUM’S ANAK VERHOEVEN
10. (SOUNDBITE) (English) LEAD CLIMB CHAMPION, ANAK VERHOEVEN, SAYING:
“Well, I was a little bit emotional right after I knew I had won because I’ve had so many disappointments this season during the World Cups that this was just a great moment. I’m so glad I’ve done what I could in finals. That’s just an amazing feeling and I’m very thankful that I haven’t slipped in the final route because of the humidity.”
11. PODIUM (FROM LEFT) AMIRA SHIRAISHI (USA) / VERHOEVEN / JANJA GARNBRET (SLOVENIA)
LEAD MEN WINNING CLIMB
12. VARIOUS OF WINNING CLIMB BY JAPAN’S KEICHIRO KORENAGA
13, (SOUNDBITE) (English) LEAD MEN CLIMB CHAMPION, KEICHIRO KORENAGA, SAYING:
“I’m so happy. It’s unbelievable. So, nice route. Nice audience. So everyone – thank you!”
14. LEAD MEN PODIUM (FROM LEFT) TOMOA NARASAKI (JAPAN) / KORENAGA / YU FEI PAN (CHINA)
STORY: Russia’s Vladislav Deulin and France’s Anouck Jaubert climbed their way to Speed season titles at the IFSC World Cup Xiamen, China.
In the Lead season title Japan’s Keiichiro Korenaga won gold in the men’s race and Belgium’s Anak Verhoeven picked up gold in the women’s race.
Deulin had needed to reach at least fourth place to win the season’s title but managed to outdo even that with a personal best climb of 5.53 seconds on the 15 metre Speed wall.
Jaubert made up for losing the season title in Xiamen in the previous season and clinched victory with a series of climbs which never went above eight seconds.